Monday, December 19, 2005

Mom's First Day Alone with Nick




Well, I survived my first day home alone with Nicholas! I was pretty nervous, but some friends stopped by for a nice long visit this afternoon. My friend Julia, who is a nurse in the NICU and the Nursery at the hospital where Nicholas was born, came over with her husband Andy (who I taught with at St. Olaf's). Julia helped me with a few things that I was stressing out about. Mainly, the Lactation Consultant never came to talk to me when I was in the hospital and it turns out that I have been nursing Nick wrong. She also just helped set my mind at ease about so many other things! It was perfect timing that she came over today...I was completely stressing. John came home for lunch, so it was nice to see some people throughout the day.

Jackson is very cute with his baby brother. He sat by Nicholas every time that I put him in his bouncer on the floor. Naturally, I had the camera handy to take pictures of my two boys...so I have posted them for you to enjoy.

I hope that I can make it through my second day alone!!! Wish me luck :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bouncer...it'll be your best friend, whne getting things done...and trying to get Nick to sleep!! We went through 2...because it was the only thing that calmed Kayla down!

Anonymous said...

Anyone know where I can find a lactation consultant here in Maryland? I've been searching for one--make that two--for years.