Sunday, September 03, 2006

Talking, Standing, & Climbing Stairs...OH MY!

Well, it has been a pretty eventful few days! Nicholas said his first word…“MA-MA” :0) He said it a week ago, but I wanted to hear him say it a few more times before I posted it (you know, to make sure it wasn’t a fluke!!). So, here is the story of Nick’s first word. It was Wednesday, August 24, 2005. John had just left for work. Nicholas woke up and yelled “Ma-Ma”. Even though I was sure that it was a fluke, I ran in to his room. I was greeted with a huge smile and another “Ma-Ma” (arms up in the air for me and all)!! I was still unsure if he really knew what he was saying. But, he has said it so many more times. He also says “DA-DA” when John comes in the room now too :0) John still isn’t quite convinced that Nicholas knows what he is saying, but I am :0)

Then, the next day (Thursday, August 25th) Nicholas stood up :0) He used our laptop bag to pull himself up. He is pulling himself up on EVERYTHING now!! I thought it was crazy when he started crawling, but this standing thing is even crazier!! He is always standing, so I am sitting right behind him all the time. I don’t want him to fall and crack his head on anything. Better safe than sorry! Yesterday, Nicholas showed us another new (and scary) trick. He started climbing up the stairs! We were all playing in Nick’s new playroom in the basement and he decided he was bored. So, he headed for the steps (I was right behind him). I was sure he wouldn’t be able to climb the stairs, but he just took off! I will get some pictures and video of the stair climbing when John is here to spot Nicholas. I have posted some pictures of Nicholas standing and some of his “Free Play” at his gym last week! Enjoy :0)









No comments: