Nicholas & I had our first “Tiny Tykes” gymnastics class today :0) His teachers are Miss Ashley & Miss Erin. There is one other baby in the class! His name is Zachary and he is 11 months. I guess the other “Tiny Tykes” classes may have more kids, but I like our small class :0) Nick & Zachary hit it off right away. We started off with some exploring of the gym. Nicholas was crawling so fast all over the gym. It is all padded so it is nice to let him roam free for a bit. I am thinking of having John do the same thing to our basement :0) Then we had a circle time and welcome song. Nick loved the song. After that, we did some stretching (to a Kelly Clarkson song…haha). Nicholas wasn’t too into the stretching until we were all clapping for him. He sure does love his praise! Once the clapping started, both he and Zachary loved their stretching. Then we danced a bit and learned a forward roll. At first, Nick wasn’t too sure what to think of the forward roll, but with a little praise, he loved it. After that, it was time for more exploring. I took Nicholas into the ball pit and he LOVED it! He also went on the trampoline and slide. Then, we played with some mini hula hoops. Nick was holding one in each hand and throwing his arms up and eating them of course. He also showed some real talent by crawling with one in each hand.
Then, it was time to use some gymnastics apparatus. First, Nicholas hung from the high bar (after he chewed on it for a bit). Then, we practiced more tumbling. Finally, he did some walking on the balance beam. Miss Ashley & Miss Erin brought out some swings for the boys. Nicholas has never been in swing like it before and he LOVED it! After some fun swinging, it was “independent time”. This is when the moms hang back and let the kids interact with each other and the teachers. The teachers assured me that if Nick needed me, he could come get me. I was not worried…I knew he wouldn’t even notice I was gone! He loves to play with other kids. He looked over at me a few times, but had too much fun playing with Zachary to need me! Then it was time to clean up the toys. The moms and teachers did more of that than the boys! We also played “What Time is it Mrs. Fox?” and Miss Annie acted out a song with puppets. Nicholas loved the puppets. Zachary was trying to walk by and leave the puppet show, but Nick grabbed him by the back of the shirt and made him sit and watch! Nicholas was so excited withthe puppets that he started clapping by accident and surprised himself. It was so funny :0)
Then, it was time to use some gymnastics apparatus. First, Nicholas hung from the high bar (after he chewed on it for a bit). Then, we practiced more tumbling. Finally, he did some walking on the balance beam. Miss Ashley & Miss Erin brought out some swings for the boys. Nicholas has never been in swing like it before and he LOVED it! After some fun swinging, it was “independent time”. This is when the moms hang back and let the kids interact with each other and the teachers. The teachers assured me that if Nick needed me, he could come get me. I was not worried…I knew he wouldn’t even notice I was gone! He loves to play with other kids. He looked over at me a few times, but had too much fun playing with Zachary to need me! Then it was time to clean up the toys. The moms and teachers did more of that than the boys! We also played “What Time is it Mrs. Fox?” and Miss Annie acted out a song with puppets. Nicholas loved the puppets. Zachary was trying to walk by and leave the puppet show, but Nick grabbed him by the back of the shirt and made him sit and watch! Nicholas was so excited withthe puppets that he started clapping by accident and surprised himself. It was so funny :0)
All in all, we had a great first day of “Tiny Tykes” :0) I am so glad we signed up! It is nice to get out and do something once and a while. We go to class on Tuesdays and get to go to 1 hour of free play a week too. All of the pictures are from the "independent time" today. I will try to get some pictures of Nick on the gym equipment next time. I figured since it is a Mommy & Me class; I better pay attention and do my part this time!!










No comments:
Post a Comment