


Hmmmm…I did not really prepare myself well enough for Nick’s trauma of getting his 2 month shots!!! I was beginning my freak out driving over there. Nicholas was sound asleep…the poor little guy had no idea what was in store for him!! When we arrived at the doctor’s office, I decided to pull out his immunization chart to see how many he was getting today. Imagine my surprise to see that he was getting 5!!! Pure panic set in for me and oddly enough it was right then that Nicholas woke up screaming (are we connected or what!?)!!! The nurse told me that is was only 3 pokes since some immunizations were in the same shot. She also reminded me that Nicholas did just fine when he was poked in the foot so many times for his Jaundice tests. He just let out a quiet squawk and was fine after that. So, she thought he would do fine. I know she told me that to calm me down, but it did not work. Then, I was curious why some immunizations were in the same shot! Were they just trying to save money!? Are they actually giving him his immunizations or just placebos!? Is this legal!? I almost passed out thinking about it!!!
When we were called back and Nick settled down. He was just talking and smiling (some may call it babbling, but I know that he is talking to me :0) away while he was measured and weighed. He was 22 inches long and weighed 11 pounds 14 ounces! Whew…at least the boy is still growing even with his Reflux and projectile spitting up!! Nick also did fine when he was being checked over by the doctor. He loves his doctor :0) Then…dun dun dun…Nicholas started to get suspicious (or just wanted to be held). The nurse came in with his shots. Why was the nurse doing the shots!? Is she qualified to administer them!? Should I ask for her credentials!? Is this how they are saving their money with the combined shots!? HAHA Ok…I didn’t really think all of that. It was more for your entertainment! The nurse asked me to hold Nicholas down. Was this really the best idea!? I was barely holding myself together. So, I held his arms and was telling him it was all going to be ok. He started to get suspicious again, so he started crying. Then, POKE…Nick let out the loudest SCREAM that I have ever heard from him! I, of course, began sobbing!! I said, “I thought you said he’d do fine!” The nurse looked at me and knew that she needed to be careful what she said to me now. She told me that last time Nicholas was just poked. This time, there was cold immunizations (didn’t she mean placebos!?) going into him. So, Nicholas and I had to deal with 2 more pokes! Neither of us handled them very well at all!!! MY POOR BABY :0( I scooped him up and just loved him!!! As, I was comforting my poor baby, the nurse informed me that is it common for babies to be fussy and have a fever for up to 2 days after their shots. She also told me to give him Tylenol every 4 hours for the next 2 days. Thank goodness I stocked up on Baby Tylenol last time I was shopping!!! GREAT…just what I (I mean Nicholas :0) needs! More things to be stressed out and crazy about!!
Nick and I cried the whole way home! He calmed down when I picked him up and he got Cherry flavored Tylenol. He really seems to love cherry flavoring! Needless to say, I will not be putting him down for the next 2 days (yes, I am holding him while typing this…that is why it is taking so long!)!! He just needs to be snuggled and loved by his Mommy (or is it me that needs to be snuggled and loved by my baby!?)!! I wonder if I will get less CRAZY as time goes on!? But, if I do, there will be no more “Crazy Mommy” stories to share with all of you!!! I can tell that you all are praying that I will stay crazy (and there is a pretty good chance that will happen…I have been like this for 27 years!!!)!!!
Yes…I took some pictures at the doctor for Nick’s scrapbook. At least I did not take them of him getting his shots!!! Take care.



No comments:
Post a Comment