



Wow! 8 weeks already!? I really cannot handle this Nick growing up thing!!! I spent a long time writing a 7 week entry, but it got erased! I was so frustrated, that I had to take a few days to recuperate. John’s parents just left today. They came in for a long weekend. We had a nice time with them. I don’t think that Nicholas was put down for longer than 2 minutes :0)
Nicholas and I had quite the week last week. Do you sense one of my famous stories coming on here!? Where oh where do I begin!? It was a day like any other (haha…Tuesday to be exact!) and Nicholas and I were sitting on the couch. He was crying because his Reflux was bothering him and it was time to eat. So, I was getting myself ready to feed him and Nicholas was lying next to me. Then, all of a sudden, I hear a loud thud followed by even louder screaming. Nick had rolled off of the couch! Now, I knew that he could roll from his belly to his back, but I had never seen him roll from his back to his belly. Apparently, he can do it! The poor little guy was staring at me like, “How could you let this happen!?” or at least that is how I interpreted it!! So, I immediately began sobbing (very helpful in this situation I tell ya!). I scooped Nicholas up in my arms and did the first thing that came to mind. I called John! So, poor John is at work doing his thing. Then, he gets a call from his crazy wife who is crying hysterically! He was trying to hear what I was saying, but it was impossible due to Nick and I crying. Once he heard what I said…he asked if I had called the Pediatrician. Hmmm…now there is an idea!
I was so embarrassed…I had just gotten off the phone with the nurse about Nick’s Reflux and set up an appointment for the next day! So, I tried to pull myself together and I called the doctor. When the receptionist asked who she could tell the nurse was calling, I replied, “The World’s WORST Mother!” By the time the nurse got on, I was out of control again. Once she could make out what I was saying, she told me how to check Nicholas for injuries. Once he checked out, she said that I could take him to the hospital to be checked out if I wanted to, but she thought he was fine. And, I was taking him in the next day. Of course I wanted to take him to the hospital, but I did not want to be accused of child abuse!!! So, I decided to call John and request that he leave work and come home early to take care of the baby since I obviously could not! I had also gotten myself so worked up that I was throwing up!!! Being the wonderful husband and father that John is, he came home. He walked in the door laughing because Nicholas was asleep and I was still sitting there sobbing!! His laughing did not help the situation, but at least he came home :0) John checked Nick out and said he was fine, so I felt a little bit better. I still cried for the rest of the day, but at least I knew Nick was going to be ok!
The doctor checked him out the next day, and said that he was just fine. He also informed me that it was not my fault that Nicholas fell and this kind of thing happens all the time! I really love Nick’s Pediatrician! Not only does he love Nick, but he always reassures me and tells me that I am doing a wonderful job with Nicholas! Just so you know, the last time I wrote this story and it was erased…it sounded much better and funnier! It was fresher in my mind!!
We go to the doctor tomorrow for Nick’s 2 month check-up. He’ll be getting his shots, so I am preparing myself already. Make sure to check back…I’ll probably have a story about having to be restrained while Nicholas just sat there and got his shots without even crying!!! More soon…



No comments:
Post a Comment