

First, let me say that I am never going to say that I will try to have some trauma for my next entry to entertain you!! 2 days after I said that…there was PLENTY of trauma between Nicholas and I. It all began when I decided to do some laundry (I knew there was a reason I wasn’t doing any!!!). Luckily, I asked John to hold the baby while I went downstairs to do the laundry!! On my way back up, I fell UP the stairs. Yes, you read that right, I fell UP the stairs!!! Have any of you ever done that!? Well, it sure does hurt! As I was falling, I jammed my 3 middle fingers into the stairs. I heard a lot of cracking and felt a ton of pain! I was sure that my fingers were broken. They started swelling and turning all different shades of blue. At first, I could not bend them, but eventually I could. They still hurt a lot and it makes it hard to get some things done with Nicholas. I never realized how much I used those 3 fingers!!!
The same day I fell UP the stairs, Nicholas had some trauma of his own. Yes, we all knew it was bound to happen AGAIN…HE ROLLED OFF THE COUCH!! Now, I know you all are wondering how I did not learn my lesson the first time. But, I assure you I did! I always take Nick to his crib when I am doing anything that is not in the same room (even though I was sitting right next to him last time). This time, I thought I could make it to the bathroom without him moving. But, I was wrong. As I started down the hall, I heard the dreaded THUD. Jackson came running to get me and when I got back in the living room, there was Nicholas on the floor! He was still asleep with his binky in this time, but I still felt horrible. I scooped him up and did not put him down again the rest of the day. I didn’t cry this time, but I did call John telling him how bad of a mother I am.
After the fall off the couch, we had to go to the mall to pick up Nick’s pictures. John was joking that I needed to not get hurt. But, oh yes, I got injured at the mall! I really can’t stand the moms that don’t watch their children (and NO, I am not going to be one of them…I am going to have COMPLETE control over Nicholas :0). There were some children running up and down the “Ladies Lounge” in Nordstrom. One of them so kindly slammed the door on my already hurt and bruised fingers! After I let out a loud scream, the mom got the idea and got her kids away from me!!! And I decided it was time to go home and get in bed.
Nicholas is doing great. He is right in the middle of a big growth-spurt. He is 15 lbs. and 24 inches!!! He is growing more and more everyday. I am not sure if he is going to fit in his Baptism outfit on the 19th. John, Jackson, and I are all doing well too. I posted some recent pictures of Nick for you to enjoy :0) Hope you enjoyed the stories of our trauma. I don’t plan on having anymore to share anytime soon (we’ll see if this reverse psychology works ;0)!!! Take care. More soon…



2 comments:
Doesn't Nicholas look like such a big boy in his jeans!? He is growing up WAY too fast!!!
HAPPY 12 WEEK BIRTHDAY NICK!!! Try not to kill yourself Alex, you want to make it to 13 weeks!
Post a Comment