





Disclaimer: (Kris…this is for you!!!) As you all know, I LOVE my husband! He was nothing but WONDERFUL throughout the entire pregnancy, my 3 weeks of bed rest, and everyday since Nicholas was born. He also gets up everyday and goes to work, so I can stay home with Nick!!! But, he does some things that I feel are worthy of being posted on the blog. Keep in mind I post the dumb things that I do on here too! That being said…here is a funny (not meant to be snide at ALL) “John” story.
Nicholas was having a rough day yesterday. He is going through another growth-spurt, so he was quite clingy and didn’t want to be put down at all. So, John took him for a bit when he got home to give me a break. We took turns holding Nicholas all night. John went to change Nick and then brought him out in the living room. Nick was freaking out!!!
Ok, so here is what I was told by John about the crying situation and then I will tell you what REALLY happened :0) Hopefully, it isn’t too hard to follow!!
This is what John said when he came out with a screaming Nicholas, “Can you take Nicholas for a bit to see if you can calm him down? You are so great with him!!! You can always get him to calm down.” I asked what happened and John said, “He just started freaking out!” So, of course, I took my baby and did my thing, and calmed him down. I should have noticed that it took longer than usual to calm him down!! Meanwhile, John took Jackson out for quite the long playtime. Once Nick was asleep, John wanted him back. He loves to hold him when he is sleeping peacefully (thanks to me…remember!?)!!
So, this is what I find out later in the night…
John had taken Nicholas to his room to change him. John had Nick sitting up in his crib. Apparently, Nick spazzed out and fell back and bounced his head off his mattress. Now, you might be wondering like me, why wasn’t John holding Nicholas well enough that he wouldn’t fall!? That is a good question...HAHA! I mean, I have never let Nicholas fall off the couch or anything!!! Also, what possessed John to come out and act as if he had NO IDEA why Nick was freaking out!? Oooohhhh John!!! He is quite sneaky!!!
Nicholas has recovered well from his incident last night. I put him in his crib when I took Jackson out this morning. See…I have learned my lesson about leaving him on the couch!!! When I came inside, Nick was just talking away in his crib. So, I decided that I would try to eat my breakfast. Then, it got silent. Sometimes, this means that he has rolled over onto his stomach. So, I went in to check on Nicholas. I found him turned around and playing (well eating really) with his animals. He loves to put everything in his mouth for a taste these days :0) Of course, I took some pictures for you all to enjoy! More soon…



6 comments:
If it makes you feel any better...At about the same age as Nick, Kayla was asleep on our bed. I left to go visit with friends over...and Paul was in our bathroom. All of the sudden I heard a loud cry from Kayla...ran up there to see her head stuck between the slats on our head board. She always crab-walked them...so she scooted on up and was hanging off the bed. I was scared, but more embrassed cause I had friends over...and felt like I was a bad parent for even leaving my kid there.
But something like this happens to all parents...stop giving John a hard time. If it was you...you'd probably be yelling at him, to stop talking about it :)
Ok, ok, ok! Wow I didn't know I hit a nerve! It's just that when I'm tired after working, school, housework and other duties I don't really enjoy being told I'm not doing enough - and I am touchy to those comments and attitudes.
I never meant any offense.....
HAHA! First, to Nicky...I am not giving John a hard time. Ok...maybe I am! HAHA I just thought it was funny.
Next, to Kris...I am glad you knew I was joking! I didn't want to hear that women don't ever say anything nice to their husbands!! I know Steph feels the same :0) But sometimes, we are so tired from being spit up on and screamed at ALL DAY, that we forget to say how much we appreciate all that you dads do :0) Oh yeah...I just saw some of Elijah's pics...he has quite the smile and cheeks!!! Too cute :0)
I figured you were joking, I just didn't want to cause drama.
What are Nick's measurements now? I think Elijah is up to 16 lbs - We'll have an official number after next week's doctors appointment.
Our bad parent story:
We were at church. We put Elijah in the car seat so he could sleep - and then when we left we put him in the car and drove home. When we got home we noticed that he hadn't been buckled up. NOW - it was only a 2 block drive... but we were pretty freaked out. Needless to say that is on Steph's mind now.
At Nick's appt. last week he was 14 lbs. 5 oz. and 25 inches. Right in the middle I guess. Pretty good seeing that he spits up everything he eats! We go for his 4 month check up on the 18th...so we'll see what he is then. I am not looking forward to his shots again. How does Steph do with that!?
I totally almost did that same thing with the car seat with Nick too! I quadruple check now before I put him in the Jeep.
We need to get the boys together soon :0) Talk to John about a good time for you all.
We haven't had shots yet... but the blood test thing was pretty traumatic. Watching your baby bleed - and bleed - is unsettling.
Post a Comment