We have been pretty busy here these days! Nicholas is keeping me moving all the time. We moved some furniture and gated in the back part of the house. So, he has free roam and more room to explore. He loves it! He crawls non-stop and stands up to check things out. He loves to look out the windows just like his brother. Nick is still the star student in his Kindermusik class. He really loves all of the different instruments that he gets to play. He isn’t too great at sitting still in the circle; he is more into going and saying “hi” to all of his friends. Last class, he attacked the doll that Ms. Nancy uses to demonstrate activities with during a song. Then a few of his friends joined in on the attack!
Nicholas is still doing great with gymnastics. He did a handstand on the floor bars this week. He also did the rope swing and mini rollercoaster (they put him on a riding toy and had him go down the slide. They were holding on to him, of course!)! He did the obstacle course without much help from me. There was a new little boy in our class who was 5 months. Nicholas liked playing with him. We had a make up class last Saturday. There were quite a few baby girls in the class, so Nicholas was busy flirting with them. He even rolled on top of one of them while they had “parent separation” time. She didn’t seem to mind and he just continued eating his toy. It was pretty funny! The class before that, he got to ride on the cool train. He was afraid of it. He didn’t like the sounds that it made. He was checking out the smoke stack and Zachary pushed the button to make the engine “toot”. Nick’s reaction was the best reaction I have ever seen! The poor guy was pretty scared! But, he got over it and the next time he loved the train :0)
Nicholas has been giving us quite the scare with some outbreaks of hives. The first time it happened was last Friday night. He had gotten himself worked up over something (I had just tried to give him some formula for the first time). We noticed the hives all over his face and I called the Pedia Call answering service. As I was talking to the doctor, Nicholas started having trouble breathing. We couldn’t tell if it was because he was so worked up, or the reaction. So, we rushed to the nearest after hours emergency care. Of course, they closed early. There is one the next intersection, so we rushed there. They closed at 10:00 and we got there a minute or two after. Even with people still in the waiting area, they wouldn’t let me in! So, we got back in the car and headed to the hospital. On the way there, Nick fell asleep. His breathing got back to normal and his hives cleared up. So, I called Pedia Call and told them what happened. She suggested we let him sleep and monitor him through the night. That would be no problem; I wasn’t going to be getting any sleep anyway! He woke up around 2:00 and went back to sleep in my arms. We didn’t have any issues Saturday. He got the hives only on Sunday after sitting in the glass. So, I called his Pediatrician and took him in yesterday. He checked him out and couldn’t determine a cause for the outbreaks. He told me to give him Benadryl if it happens again. He got hives again during dinner last night and breakfast this morning. So, looks like Nicholas will be going in for some allergy testing soon.
Well, I hope everyone is doing well! I am going to get some rest; I had quite the fun medical procedure today! Take care and I will try to write more soon!
Nicholas is still doing great with gymnastics. He did a handstand on the floor bars this week. He also did the rope swing and mini rollercoaster (they put him on a riding toy and had him go down the slide. They were holding on to him, of course!)! He did the obstacle course without much help from me. There was a new little boy in our class who was 5 months. Nicholas liked playing with him. We had a make up class last Saturday. There were quite a few baby girls in the class, so Nicholas was busy flirting with them. He even rolled on top of one of them while they had “parent separation” time. She didn’t seem to mind and he just continued eating his toy. It was pretty funny! The class before that, he got to ride on the cool train. He was afraid of it. He didn’t like the sounds that it made. He was checking out the smoke stack and Zachary pushed the button to make the engine “toot”. Nick’s reaction was the best reaction I have ever seen! The poor guy was pretty scared! But, he got over it and the next time he loved the train :0)
Nicholas has been giving us quite the scare with some outbreaks of hives. The first time it happened was last Friday night. He had gotten himself worked up over something (I had just tried to give him some formula for the first time). We noticed the hives all over his face and I called the Pedia Call answering service. As I was talking to the doctor, Nicholas started having trouble breathing. We couldn’t tell if it was because he was so worked up, or the reaction. So, we rushed to the nearest after hours emergency care. Of course, they closed early. There is one the next intersection, so we rushed there. They closed at 10:00 and we got there a minute or two after. Even with people still in the waiting area, they wouldn’t let me in! So, we got back in the car and headed to the hospital. On the way there, Nick fell asleep. His breathing got back to normal and his hives cleared up. So, I called Pedia Call and told them what happened. She suggested we let him sleep and monitor him through the night. That would be no problem; I wasn’t going to be getting any sleep anyway! He woke up around 2:00 and went back to sleep in my arms. We didn’t have any issues Saturday. He got the hives only on Sunday after sitting in the glass. So, I called his Pediatrician and took him in yesterday. He checked him out and couldn’t determine a cause for the outbreaks. He told me to give him Benadryl if it happens again. He got hives again during dinner last night and breakfast this morning. So, looks like Nicholas will be going in for some allergy testing soon.
Well, I hope everyone is doing well! I am going to get some rest; I had quite the fun medical procedure today! Take care and I will try to write more soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment