Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nick's 8 Month Photo Shoot

I took Nicholas for his 8 month photo shoot yesterday. I know, I know…it was a few days late. Believe it or not, there is a story behind the delay! When I called to make the appointment, I received some devastating news!! Marcy (Nick’s personal photographer) was no longer there! I was in shock…I almost passed out!! I didn’t know what to do…you know how I deal with change!! So, I just made an appointment for that afternoon. The girl on the other end could tell that I was distraught, so she told me that I could change the appointment if I needed to. I went in and broke the news to my parents (haha) and tried to find something for Nicholas to wear. After a few minutes, I decided that I just could not take Nick in that day (he was also not having a great day). The girl was not surprised when I called to reschedule.

After a few days of coming to terms with the news I had received (and a trip to Vegas), I decided I needed call to see if Marcy was at another location or gone FOREVER!! I thought I had prepared myself for the worst. But, when I was told that she had gone back to school and was no longer a photographer anywhere, I was shocked! I mean, she didn’t even call to tell me her plans (haha…I am KIDDING!!). So, I had to bite the bullet and take Nicholas in and have some other photographer take his 8 month pictures!! We arrived to the Studio early since I was so nervous (haha…again, I’m kidding. But, that did sound pretty dramatic!). Now, the rest of this really happened. We were taken to Studio B. Nicholas was sensing that things were not quite right…we always go into Studio A! He kinda just stared at the photographer for a few minutes while she got set up and I got him ready. When it was time for the first picture, he just stared at her blankly and wouldn’t even crack a smile. I was trying to get him to smile too, but he just looked at me pretty confused. So, the photographer just took a picture to get him going. I am not kidding, once he saw that first flash, out came the smiles! The new photographer, Angie, said she had never seen a baby react to a camera flash like that. She instantly fell in love with him. I filled her in on our Nicholas…the camera lover. He was just hamming it up for her the whole time. He would roll over, crawl, laugh, show off, etc. Every once and a while, he’s stop to pose for her! Angie said she had never had such an easy photo session with a baby. Needless to say, the pictures turned out great (what did I expect really!?) and Angie is great with him! She happens to be friends with Marcy and she is going to tell her that we said “hi” and that we miss her and that she is going to take good care of us from now on :0)










No comments: