Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Viva Las NICHOLAS

While Gretch & Jack were in town we decided to take a trip. We rented a sweet mini van and drove down to Las Vegas!! Yes, I know, Vegas doesn’t really seem like the best place to take a baby, but Nicholas enjoyed himself. He did pretty well on the car trip down. We stayed on the Strip at the Excalibur. We had to walk through the casino to get to our rooms. I’ll have to admit, I felt kinda weird strolling my baby through the casino, but we were not the only ones! Nicholas loved to crawl all over the hotel room. He especially loved the drawer handles and the big bed. He just crawled around being his normal goofy self!

It was really hot in Vegas, so we tried to keep Nicholas indoors most of the time. We took him to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. He loved all of the animals!! I think he is going to be like me and love the ocean. He also liked listening to the tour on his Grandma’s tour “phone”. We took the tram to and from our hotel and he seemed to enjoy it. We also took Nicholas to the Venetian for a Gondola ride. The teenage girl behind us in line fell in love with him right away! She was watching him pose for the camera in line (I posted some of those pictures) and couldn’t get enough of him. Nick was showing off and flirting with her the whole time. We kept running into her and she would just squeal and run over and talk to him. It was pretty cute!! Nicholas loved the Gondola ride :0) He seems to love boats and the water. He really liked the fountains and when our “captain” (I don’t remember what the Gondola operators are called) sang to him. Nicholas was looking up at him the whole time. People who were watching on the sides were enjoying Nick’s smiling and laughing during the serenade. It was a fun outing!

My parents babysat Nicholas while John and I went out at night. We went to 2 shows (my favorite was Carrot Top, he was so hilarious!!) and went up and down the Strip. It was so nice to have the help and to get out without the baby!! It was also nice to get out of the house and have a vacation! I sure do miss having the constant help with Nicholas! Maybe my parents will move out here soon (HINT, HINT!) :0)








No comments: